Akron Style 627 4-Way Hydrant Valve
This hydrant valve allows you to provide water to the fire at hydrant pressure, while waiting for a second pumper to hook up and increase flow and pressure.
4-Way Hydrant Valve features include:
- Flow efficient 3-1/2'' waterway
- 75 psi maximum pressure differential during changeover
- 300 psi maximum operating pressure
- 1000 GPM maximum flow when changing ball position
How it Works:
Step 1 Attach the 4-Way Hydrant Valve to the hydrant and forward lay to the engine at fire scene.
Step 2 Attach a hose from the 4-Way Hydrant Valve to the intake on the engine at the hydrant
Step 3 Attach a hose from the discharge on the engine at hydrant to the 4-Way Hydrant Valve inlet. Establish re-circulating flow at hydrant pressure.
Step 4 Rotate the handwheel on top of the 4-Way Hydrant Valve to introduce pressurized flow from the engine at the hydrant to the engine at the fire scene. Increase pressure on the pumper to increase flow as required.
* Hydrant Inlet is 4-1/2" NH. Please call to place order for other sizes.